Saturday 18 October 2014

How Old Is Your Hearing

Hearing range in humans is commonly between 20 and 20,000Hz. As we get older, this range gradually declines and teenagers can typically hear higher frequencies. So, how old is your hearing. First, set your volume really low, then use the example tone to raise it to a level that's clear but not loud. Press the 'Start' button to begin, then hit 'Stop' as soon as the pitch gets so high you can't hear it.

I'm not sure this test is very accurate. I believe my hearing is fine and this test says I have the hearing of an 85-year-old. I'm old, but not that old! How old is your hearing?

3 comment(s):

Sue Dunham said...

Depends on the range of your speaker or headphones.

tony m said...

Mine was spot on.

Anonymous said...

Tested about right; 4 years younger than my actual age.