Tuesday 22 May 2012

How Fast Do You Read?

A good book is hard to put down. But if you're enjoying it on an eReader you eventually have to break and recharge. How many pages can you get through before your battery runs out? How fast can you read classics like The Lord of the Rings or War and Peace?

I know I'm a fast reader but I never knew how fast. So I took the test. I can read 927 words per minute which is 271% faster than the average. It means that if I could maintain this reading speed, I could read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling in 1 hour and 23 minutes.


Check your reading speed on this fun interactive infographic and compare it to the national average.

1 comment(s):

Custopootimus said...

The world record of 4,700 words per minute blows my mind. It's like reading an entire page in 2-3 seconds, and comprehending the information too.